Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Lightning Crashes

A lot of people talk about accomplishing things. People talk about climbing their "Mount Everests," in other words, doing things that seem impossible to many, or just impossible to them, but they work through the hard times and do it. Using their "roof toilet" is what you Scrubs fans out there might say.



I have many "Everests" that I want to climb in my life, I wanna be a Talent Agent, I wanna make money, I wanna make money so I can buy myself and my family nice things. I wanna weigh 180 pounds, etc.



I recently received something that I had been wanting for a while, it wasn't an Everest by any stretch of the imagination, not at all, but it was something that I had been working on for the past few years. Well, not working on, I don't want to give you some mental image of me looking like one of the Seven Dwarfs, getting up every day and hammering out some monster fucking mission with a weird hat on, and a really baggy onsey, so maybe I haven't been working on this for a while, but I sure as hell have been thinking about getting this for quite some time.







This weekend this thing I've been "jonesing" for came to fruition, and to be honest, I can't decide if it's a good thing or not, or really what's going to come from it, if anything at all. I keep trying to decide whether or not any of it was even worth it. I mean when Led Zeppelin was writing "Stairway" do you think they knew they were writing the greatest song of all time? Do you think they sat there thinking, "hmm maybe if we had this string arraignment here, or a guitar solo here, it'll be the greatest fucking recording ever, ahh fuck it let's go throw lunch meat on the groupies..." Although I'm sure they covered many a woman with coldcuts, I highly doubt they knew the importance of what they were doing while recording that song. Only after its release and years of praise did its true greatness become exposed.



So should i judge my recent dealings after only a few nights of pondering its importance, or do I let it sit and burden my thoughts for say, the next 10 or 15 years?



Worst of all, I have absolutely no one to talk to about this that will truly understand the importance of it all in the mini spectrum of my life. All the people that can be trusted with this sensitive material wouldn't understand the importance of the actions, and all of the people that would truly realized the epic proportions of said events wouldn't be able to contain the information. Hell no one would be able to.



So I guess my question is, how do you talk to someone about something, without really telling them what you're talking about? God knows I need to talk to someone. Or maybe I should just pay a stripper to let me throw lunch meat at her.



Hey, it worked for Led Zeppelin.

3 comments:

Andrew Kaspereen said...

damn man, tough spot. Keep yo' head in the game though. You ain't wasting the time if it's something you really want, right?

Anonymous said...

so...call me. i might get it. i will get it.


your long lost friend,
kacy

Andrew Kaspereen said...

That's a pickle, then.

Hit me up if you want my opinion on that shit. I got your back brahski.