Thursday, August 14, 2008

Tisbury Lane

It's 10 o'clock after the last class of my college career and I'm laying in the grass behind the track next to one of the sexiest girls I've ever had the opportunity to be in company with, and instead of thinking about all the wonderful things I'm about to get myself into, all I can think about is how much I'm going to miss everything.

I see a shooting star cross over the sky, my 4th so far that night.

"It's been four years man, you really can get connected to a place after only a short time," I half whisper.

"Yeah, that's the goddamn truth," she says to me, her statement said with a half sigh half exhale that lets me know she agrees, but really isn't in the mood for a deep conversation.

I catch the hint and lean over and give her a long hard kiss. I've always had the problem of needing something going on at all times. It isn't enough for me to just say goodbye to school and drive away, I need to make-out on its fields one last time, I need to do something big, even if it is only me and one other, I need to give everything a proper send off, and tonight is no different.

Even in the embrace of someone else I still can't get my mind off all the amazing things that have happened to me over my time at college. I won't sit here and list them all, because memories are like sex stories and dreams, if you aren't in them, then who gives a shit? I think of all the good parties, good people, good shows and the good things I've done at school. I think of the terrible things that have happened, the people that have died, the people I've disappointed (see my parents 100x). I didn't have the cookie cutter college experience, but what were the odds of that happening anyway?

My mind wonders to the future, and what it holds for me. I do have a plan, and I will stick to it until it is fulfilled. I know where I want to go, and what i want to do. The future is bright for me, and after another shooting star goes across the sky (number 6 of the night, no I'm not making that up) I stop thinking about anything and I do what I did for the last four years of my life, I just live in the moment. A beautiful girl, a great night with an amazing sky, and all of the world's ambitions at my finger tips, what more could anyone ask for?

A lean in for one more kiss before we pack up shop and head home. It's a good one, exactly the way to end the night.

I drop her off and I start my ride back to my house. I drive by the school's neon red sign one more time before getting on the highway to take the drive back to town. I get a little choked up, but the "Girl Talk" coming from my radio stops me from getting upset.

The last four years were fucking amazing. Tonight was amazing. The proper send off for sure.

No comments: